It’s flu season again. Don’t let the flu catch you! We had great success last year during flu season using Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune Syrup. We have never been healthier during flu season! We are still using this wonderful, natural elderberry syrup as a preventative this season but we have added some different things to our arsenal this year.
Before I get into what we are doing, I wanted to share with you that we do not get the flu shot anymore. I have learned a lot about this particular shot, what is in the shot and what it does to your body.
Let’s break it down (source: https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11253/why-you-probably-dont-need-a-flu-shot.html).
What is in a flu shot?
- egg protein (cell culture)
- sucrose (stabilizers)
- gelatin (stabilizers)
- polysorbate 80 (stabilizer)
- aluminum salts (adjuvants)
- formaldehyde (inactivating ingredient)
- thimerosal/mercury (preservative)
- penicillin/sulfa drugs (antibiotics)
Many of these ingredients are known carcinogens and detergents that have harmful or unknown effects on the human body. Package inserts for Fluarix and Fluvirin even state that they are uncertain as to whether or not your fertility will be affected by the vaccine.
We choose to fight flu differently. Here is what we do instead:
1. Wash our hands with regular (not anti-baceterial) soap a lot. We use Dr. Woods Pure Castile Soap, Peppermint.
2. Cough or sneeze into our elbow, cover our mouth when we cough or sneeze.
3. Do “shots” of Nature’s Way Sambucus Immune Syrup before flu season begins. Around the beginning of September, we start taking elderberry “shots” to bulk up our immune system. We usually take twice a day, once in the am and once in the pm. This is our flu shot!
4. Vitamin D3 really helps to ward off the flu. My hubby and I take Country Life Vitamin D3 — 5000 IU – 200 Softgels and our kids take Nature’s Plus Animal Parade® Sugar Free Children’s Chewable Vitamin D3 Black Cherry — 500 IU – 90 Chewable Tablets.
5. Get plenty of sleep.
6. Take a good probiotic. I use Nutrition Now PB 8® Pro-Biotic Acidophilus For Life™ — 120 Capsules and my kids use Nature’s Way Primadophilus® Kids Orange — 30 Chewables.
7. Eat a lot of fruits and veggies, especially veggies. Make green smoothies every day. Drink carrot and green juice daily.
8. Here is what we have added to our flu regimen this year. Essential oils. We have been using Young Living Essential Oils for the past 3 1/2 weeks. We have had amazing results so far. One of the oils that Young Living offers is called Thieves. From the Young Living website: Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.
We have been diffusing Thieves every day. We also put it on topically in a carrier oil along with using it to clean. My kids caught a cold so I have been using Thieves, along with Peppermint oil and RC diluted in coconut oil on the bottom of their feet each day. This combination has helped them get through their colds much faster and keep their cough at bay (especially at night).
We love these oils so much and they have done such great things for us that I am now a distributor. I am so excited to be helping others with these wonderful oilsl! I feel like we have finally found the missing link to our health!
I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most cases I will receive a referral commission. You will not pay more, oftentimes less, when buying a product through my links. I only recommend products and services that I use and love so I know you will be in good hands. Thank you!
It’s all about the journey…