It’s that time of year again! All of the trees and flowers are blooming and wreaking havoc on those of us who suffer from seasonal allergies. I love this weather and would take it over winter any day but the runny nose, watery and itchy eyes, sneezing and cough that comes along with spring is something I could do without.
I used to take Claritin (loratadine) but quite honestly, it did not really help me much at all and sometimes make me feel nervous and jittery. There are several serious side effects of loratadine such as fast or uneven heart rate, feeling like you might pass out, jaundice or seizures. Well doesn’t all of that sound pleasant?
Once again, I set out to find some natural remedies for seasonal allergies. None of these have any contraindications or side effects and are safe for my husband, children and I. Again, this is what has worked for my family.
Natural Remedies for Seasonal Allergies
1. Hyland’s Hayfever. This stuff is awesome! If I feel a little tickle in my throat or runny nose, I immediately take a few of these and they help within half an hour.
2. Boericke & Tafel Alpha SH Sinus Headache. This works really well for me when I feel a sinus headache coming on. I take two tablets, let them melt under my tongue and soon after that feel relief.
3. Heel BHI Sinus Homeopathic Medication. I really like all of the Heel products I have tried so far. They work well and quickly.
4. Heel BHI Allergy Homeopathic Medication. Heel is a great company that has great, effective homeopathic products.
5. Xlear Xylitol Sinus Nasal Spray. This is by far the best, natural nasal spray I have ever used. If I feel a sinus headache coming on, I use this along with one of the above and together, they knock it right out. It gently cleans and soothes the sinuses and nasal passages.
6. Consume raw, local honey. By consuming raw, local honey, you are building up your body’s immunity against your local pollen since the bees in your region eat the pollen and you then eat the honey. Sort of like a natural vaccine. We live in Michigan and I buy Stakich Raw Honey.
It’s all about the journey…
I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, I will receive a referral commission. You will not pay more, oftentimes less, when buying a product through my links. I only recommend products and services that I use and love so I know you will be in good hands. Thank you!