When I attended massage therapy school 10 years ago, I started hearing about the devastating effects that antiperspirant deodorants can cause. Two years ago when my family and I went to see a naturopath, the doctor talked to me about switching my deodorant to one without aluminum right away.
These kind of antiperspirant deodorants contain toxic chemicals and heavy metals that can cause severe harm to the human nervous system. When your body can’t release the toxins and absorbs them instead, this can cause cancer and neurological problems. Many professionals believe breast cancer is directly linked to using antiperspirant deodorant.
After my visit with the naturopath that day, I was on a mission to find a deodorant, that worked for me, that didn’t contain aluminum. Let me first start by saying that this journey ended up being a very long one for me. I had to try many different non-aluminum deodorants to get to the one that I use today. Typically, this is a trial and error type situation. Everyone’s body chemistry is different so you just have to find the deodorant that works for you.
Here are some of the top-rated ones that I tried on my finding-deodorant-without-aluminum-journey.
Deodorant Without Aluminum
1. Nutiva Coconut Oil and Honeybees Deodorant Powder. This is what I currently use together and have been using for about a year now. I have used all of the types below, as well, but this combination is the best for me. I wrote about how I apply these two here. You could also just try the powder and it may work for your body chemistry. It did not work alone for me.
2. Alvera Aloe & Almonds. This was the first non-aluminum deodorant I tried. I used it for several months and after my body’s sweat glands detoxed (yes, my sweat glands had to detox by removing all the toxins from them since I had been using aluminum-filled deodorant for so long), it no longer seemed to work for me. So, I moved on to another brand.
3. Crystal Stick Body Deodorant. I tried this one but it really irritated my under arms. I know many, many people get great results with it, though, so wanted to mention it.
4. Tom’s of Maine Wild Lavender. Again, a very popular choice but it did not work for me.
5. Aubrey Organics E Plus High C Roll-On Deodorant. I tried this but am not a roll-on deodorant type gal. But, if you are, you may really like this one. Aubrey Organics has wonderful products and is a great company.
It’s all about the journey…